CORE Geocell - Stabilising & Infill Protection
The CORE Geocell geosynthetic cellular confinement system is a matrix of lightweight, expandable and flexible thermoplastic strips that are ultrasonically bonded to form a strong, dimensionally stable and inert honeycomb structure.
CORE Geocell is fabricated from a High Density Polyethylene (HDPE). The cell walls are perforated creating permeable walls to allow water to drain through the system.
When filled with granular materials, the system creates a three dimensional erosion control barrier and structural bridge that uniformly distributes weight-bearing loads. The cellular nature of CORE Geocell enhances drainage and prevents build-up of hydrostatic pressure.
“FORMS A LONG LASTING STRUCTURAL BARRIER”
- Provides cost effective, long-term slope protection, channel protection and stabilisation
- Can be used as a temporary track where temporary site access is required (see CORE Tree Root Protection)
- Ease in transportation and on site handling due to collapsible cells
- Rapid and simple installation confirms to most terrain profiles
- Ultrasonic welding of cell joints ensures maximum strength
- Withstands high weight bearing loads
- Resistant to biological attack and a wide range of soil borne chemicals
CORE Geocell is easily dismantled and re-used, suitable for the construction of a temporary track.
Once operations are complete the installation can be removed or left in place if a sub-base confinement is required.
Please see the ‘Installation & Application’ tab for the how geocells can be used in different applications:
- Erosion Control / Slope Protection
- Temporary Tracks / Load Support
- Channel Protection
- Earth Retention